For Parents, Kids and Teens
Child/Parent Internet Safety Agreement
Review the following agreement with your children,
sign it and post it by the computer as a reminder.
1. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
2. I will not give out my address, telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parent's permission.
3. I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.
4. If I get a message that is mean, or makes me feel uncomfortable, I will not respond. It is not my fault if I get a message like that, and I will tell my parents if I do.
5. I will work with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online, and areas that I am allowed to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.
Be sure to read the Love Our Children USA internet safety facts … Advice for parents and childcare givers to help keep your children surf serious, surf smart and surf safe
Here you will find information on parental control software, keeping kids from visiting inappropriate websites and ensuring their use of appropriate monitored chatrooms. You can also learn about cyber bullying which is serious and on the rise!
Get Surf Serious, Get Surf Smart, Get Surf Safe!
Teach children and youth the rules about what they need to do to be serious and smart in cyberspace, allowing them to have fun and keeping them safe.
If you’re not a kid or you are new to web surfing, you probably don’t understand cyberspace lingo. Our cyberspace dictionary gives you a clearer understanding of how to protect children.
Software To Keep Kids Safe Online
© All rights reserved. Love Our Children USA 1999 - 2017